Last Modified: February 13, 2018
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name, job title and/or company name;
- contact information including phone number and email, business and/or residence address;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers; and
- non-personal information, including information that does not personally identify you, but may include, for example and without limitation, tracking and usage information about your location, transaction information, use of the Website and the internet, etc.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use your information for our internal record keeping.
- We may use your information to improve our content, products and services.
- We may periodically send you promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email or other address information which you have provided to us.
- We may share your information with radio station members of Ignite America (with the radio station member that you have already submitted your information to; we will not share with other radio station members).
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use your information to customize the website according to your interests.
- If you do not want to receive email, mail or other such direct communications from us, please let us know through the “unsubscribe” feature included in our communications.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Due to the nature of security practices (there is no 100% secured platform available in the industry), we cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply in connection with use of the Website will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet or wireless communication. Therefore, any information you transmit to the Website is at your own risk. We do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
“Do Not Track” Practices
At this time, we do not honor do-not-track signals from browsers or other consumer choice mechanisms regarding the collection of behavioral tracking data. While we collect personal information from you as described above, we do not collect personal information from you to monitor your online activities across third party websites or online services and over time (also known as behavioral advertising or interest-based advertising). We do not use or allow third parties to collect personal information from you on the Website in order to monitor your online activities across third party websites or online services and over time.
Links to or from other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Social Media Sites
When you interact with the Website on a social media platform, such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, or Instagram, we may collect the personal information that you make available to us on that page or account, including your user ID and/or user name, and any information you have made public in connection with that social media service. Please note, however, that we will comply with the privacy policies of the corresponding social media platform and we will only collect and store such personal information that we are permitted to collect by these social media platforms.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes; and
- if you have previously agreed to our using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the emails you receive from us, submitting your request via our form on our Website at the “Contact Us” tab, or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, are required by law to do so, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable laws or comply with legal process served on us or the Website; (b) respond to requests from public and government authorities; (c) protect and defend our rights or property, the Website, or our users; or (d) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, or the users of the Website or the public. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of our assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of our business, or are involved in a bankruptcy, Outside the Walls may transfer your information to the party or parties involved as part of that transaction.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information that we possess about you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we have for you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at email@example.com. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect about you.
Notice to non-US users
As the Internet is a global environment, collecting and processing personal information may involve the transmission of this data internationally, including into and/or outside of the United States. Therefore, by communicating electronically with us you acknowledge and agree to your personal data being processed in this way.
PO Box 16485
Irvine, CA 92623-6485
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org