Fast Food

why fast food hamburgers don't rot

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Williamhawk Williamhawk 4 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Williamhawk
    Williamhawk
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m curious about the recent report of McDonald’s hamburger not decomposing and am thinking of doing my school science project about that. But I’m not sure how I can turn that into a scientific experiment. One idea is observing how McDonald’s hamburger changes compared to other fast food burgers eg. Burger King, Wendy’s etc. I think that would be interesting but have too many variables that are outside control?
    Another idea is to test what ingredient in that hamburger that slows down rotting process i.e. salt. I can then test that by making homemade hamburgers with different levels of salt and observe how they change. My questions are:

would this be a legitimate scientific experiment. do you think salt will affect rate of the burgers rotting?
    apart from obvious signs of the hamburger rotting, how can I measure the level of bacteria in each hamburger to determine which is rotting faster?
    how can I keep the burgers for observation to control environmental variables.
    is this experiment too complicated for a 7th grade project. If so, how can I simplify it?

Thank you very much for your help.

I didn’t find the right solution from the internet.
    References:
    https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-fair-projects/ask-an-expert/viewtopic.php?t=6877

Corporate Promotional Video

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.